Why is it important to have inner peace?Oct 14, 2022
Welcome back to the third instalment of the Inner peace series. In the last two editions I talked about what inner peace looks like when you have it and delved into the 3 things that steals your inner peace every day without you even knowing.
Today I will talk about why it is important to have inner peace.
So just why is it important to have inner peace?
Well, because it is the only way you can reach your full potential and live your life to the full as you are meant to.
What is the alternative? Not having inner peace. That means you are constantly living in a reactive mode to the external world, and you cannot survive mentally by constantly reacting to what happens outside of you.
Perhaps you might be feeling the heaviness and burden of this yourself.
You cannot help anyone else when you are in a state of fear, despair and helplessness!
The more you react to external events, the more your brain will learn to react automatically this way, making it a habit.
It is not your fault. Everything outside of you, especially media and social media are designed to keep you living in fear. This is why in the past two years alone the number of adults experiencing mental health problems has doubled due to the pandemic, isolation and fear of uncertainty*.
1. When you don’t have inner peace, you are not living your purpose, instead you are constantly distracted by things that are outside of you which you have no control over.
2. You end up becoming a person people do not want to be around, because you are constantly reacting to everything - this affects your relationships and your own personal and professional growth
3. You are constantly seeking external validation, so you live in the work hard-achieve-get validated-burn out repeat loop with no real purpose or fulfilment!
But you can do something to change this and that is exactly what I am going to talk about in the next instalment of the Inner peace series… You can listen to Ian and I talk about this topic in a bit more detail on this week’s podcast Episode (61) here.
Watch out for the next instalments of the inner peace series coming soon…
4. How do we find inner peace
5. Is it possible to find inner peace even in the world we live in today?
Until next time…
P.S. All my 1:1 work is now booked until October 17th, but If you are serious about leaving the chaos behind and finding inner peace and serenity now, you can just book a call with me here to apply for a new spot in October.
P.P.S. If you are not yet ready to start coaching, then you can just start here by evaluating how balanced your life is right now with the amazing Life Balance Workbook here.
*According to UK statistics published in 2022.